Tuesday, November 20, 2012

High Tech Travel

The week before last when I flew out of Minneapolis-St. Paul airport to come home, the G14/15 gate area had some construction underway. I didn't pay much attention to it actually. The seating area wasn't affected and all I really noticed were some temporary walls in place on the left as you entered the gate area.

Last Friday I was scheduled to fly home again out of the G14/15 gates. This time I had a morning departure and arrived around 7 a.m. for my flight. I walked into the gate area and had to do a double take. There was a new restaurant open. I even asked the server if they had just opened. She said "Yes, on Monday."

I was totally impressed with the restaurant. Talk about high tech travel! At each seat was an iPad where you ordered your food, a card reader to swipe your credit card to pay for it and an outlet to charge other electronics if needed. While waiting for your food to arrive, you could go online and check email, catch up on news or do a little more damage to your credit card. You could even put in your flight info and it would show you the current status on the bottom of the screen. I'm sure as your departure time gets close, a reminder would pop up and tell you to scoot! You know, just in case you got wrapped up in your emails so you don't miss your flight!!

iPad at each seat

Looking out into the gate area

Breakfast choices - thank goodness for travel allowances!

What would you like to do?

Reading the news while waiting for breakfast

To top this all off, the food wasn't bad either. I had the egg & bacon croissant. It even came with a side of home fries.

I look forward to my next flight home out of MSP. Hope it departs from the G14/15 gates again!


2 comments:

  1. Very good business idea on their part, especially if the foods good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? Would love to find something like that when we fly back to Florida next week. Bet we don't though. Happy TG -- enjoy your time at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are always appreciated. If you are using word verification on your blog, please consider turning it off.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...