Saturday, July 7, 2012

Recycled T-Shirt Clothespin Bag

We put up a clothesline (you remember those, right?) to take advantage of the dry summer air here and bought a pack of clothespins only to realize we don't have a clothespin bag. Well, duh! Out to the internet to search for ideas on making my own. I came across a clever but simple bag by Maridith at Strictly Homemade that used an old t-shirt. Heck, I've got plenty of those so I went to work using a shirt that had shrunk and wouldn't fit me any more. I added some bias tape on the seams to keep the bag from stretching under the weight of the clothespins.

Less than 30 minutes later, voila! The bag was done. I used a plastic hanger that we trimmed down to fit into the shirt. The metal one I used at first was not strong enough to hold my 100 clothespins so we switched it out.

I'm sure the new bag will get used this weekend.

"New" Clothespin Bag

3 comments:

  1. Clever girl! Our RV Park in Florida is one of the few I've ever seen that allows hanging laundry -- more should do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are always appreciated. If you are using word verification on your blog, please consider turning it off.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...