Saturday, May 4, 2013

InSPIREd Sunday - St. Edward

Welcome to InSPIREd Sunday where Beth from "E." Lizard Breath Speaks and I are hosting shots each week of churches, temples or other buildings where religious services are held.

Me, I like spires and that is what I typically will post. But who knows what I might come across in my travels and end up sharing.

These twin spires are atop the old St. Edward Catholic Church in Henning, Minnesota. A new and larger church has been built down the street but I think it totally lacks the character of the old building. I mean, look at the tiny peaks that encircle the two spires and other details on the tower. I wish someone would buy this old church and do some restoration.

St. Edward Catholic Church - Henning, Minnesota


The guidelines are simple for participating in InSPIREd Sunday.

  1. The meme opens each Saturday at 6 p.m. Eastern Time until Monday afternoon.
  2. Post a picture of a church, temple, or other fabulous architectural building where religious services are held. If you know the name of the building, include it.
  3. Include the InSPIREd Sunday Badge on your post.
  4. Visit others who are linking up to meme whenever possible.


Thanks for joining in and hope you have an InSPIREd day!

12 comments:

  1. that's really unique to have two spires! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the double spires on this church. It is so distinctive. Nice one. I entered my url and the church appeared but the others entries disappeared. I don't know what to think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shot! and so excited to see your new meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool double spires! It looks like a rather old church, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so spiffy - what a gorgeous spire! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this. In fact, I'm new to visit here. All because of TexWis Gal I followed the link she left in my comments, and I linked up this morning. Such an enjoyable meme. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it...double the Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grand capture.
    Came here via Tex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that is has twins, and I love all those little peaks at their base!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the spires got a character for sure!!!

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks Scandinavian to me. Not surprising from your part of the country? I may have to start sticking with spires too--getting a whole church in the frame is testing my skills as a photographer. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are always appreciated. If you are using word verification on your blog, please consider turning it off.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...