Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday's Fences - It's Corny

I have driven past the Sculpture Park in New York Mills, Minnesota many times. I stopped last winter but it was snow-covered and I didn't get out to take many photos. This week after work, I stopped in for the sole purpose of photographing the brightly painted yellow metal ribbon fence. It was harder than I thought. The park is surrounded on three sides by roads including a main highway and off-ramp plus a county road and another street. I was trying to keep as much of the road surfaces as possible out of view.



It wasn't until I got up closer to the fence that I noticed the fence adornments were metal ears of corn. Then I got even closer and noticed the differences in the pieces. Each one was personalized in some way. One ear of corn was stamped "Cast Iron Corn 1997". In doing an internet search, a sculptor by the name of Coral Lambert was involved in this fence project. The ears of corn were done by residents of New York Mills during a community pour. I really enjoyed some of the work that was done. I hope you enjoy it, too! (click on each picture to see a larger version)


Linking up to Friday's Fences hosted by Jan & Jer.


5 comments:

  1. i want to see this fence in person. awesome & so creative. ( :
    have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you shared this fence. Never have I seen anything like it. Most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting fence! I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a fun a community project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are always appreciated. If you are using word verification on your blog, please consider turning it off.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...