Saturday, October 19, 2013

InSPIREd Sunday - Holy Apostles


I spotted this church from the air when landing at Pangborn Aiport in East Wenatchee, Washington last month. I was curious because it was round, at least the main sanctuary was. While unique in shape, it reminded me of an old water tank that was re-purposed into a church. I doubt that is the case but I found the church to be rather cold feeling from the exterior. I guess is it not really my style of architecture.

Holy Apostles Catholic Church - East Wenatchee, Washington

Another View - Even Starker in Appearance (Hence the water tank feel)

Linking up with the InSPIREd Sunday meme.



9 comments:

  1. i can totally see why you made that comparison. :) perhaps it has great acoustics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rather a strange looking church. Perhaps, Tex is right about the acoustics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an interesting and unusual church

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could tell it was a Catholic church before I read that it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a good steeple on a church! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The church is too modern for me!
    But beautiful photos!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree! Usually don't mind modern architecture, but this one leaves me cold. We have a mega huge church here in Louisville that's the same both inside and out. A friend said when she visited it kept expecting the peanuts and popcorn guys to come by! Utility is fine, but beauty more important in this kind of architecture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are always appreciated. If you are using word verification on your blog, please consider turning it off.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...