Saturday, June 14, 2014

InSPIREd Sunday - Melrose, Minnesota

In a previous post from early 2013, I posted a daytime photo of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Melrose, Minnesota. This week, it's the opposite time of day. I was traveling northwest on I-94 after landing in Minneapolis-St. Paul. From a distance, I could see the twin spires of St. Mary's illuminated against the nighttime sky. Since the church is just off the interstate highway and easy to get to, I made a quick decision to snap a few photos. I didn't get out of my car because it was still cold in Minnesota back in mid-March and you can tell by the flags for Lent it was windy, too. I love the symmetry in the facade on this church. Enjoy!

St. Mary's Catholic Church - Melrose, Minnesota




Linking to InSPIREd Sunday - a weekly meme sharing religious architecture from around the world. All are welcome!

http://inspiredsundaymeme.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. i love that angle of your shots. what a beauty. something about it reminds me of a Russian architecture or Greek Orthodox synagogue? hope you are well this week, Sally. take care. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three doors and three sets of stairs! Churches weren't always welcoming to folks with disabilities. Quite impressive. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice church. I like the angles and the night shots. MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful light brick and lovely building.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are always appreciated. If you are using word verification on your blog, please consider turning it off.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...